Thursday, September 23, 2010
Friday, September 10, 2010
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Friday, August 27, 2010
As you travel through life there are always those times
When decisions just have to be made,
When the choices are hard, and solutions seem scarce,
And the rain seems to soak your parade.
There are some situations where all you can do
Is simply let go and move on,
Gather your courage and choose a direction
That carries you toward a new dawn.
So pack up your troubles and take a step forward
The process of change can be tough,
But think about all the excitement ahead
There might be adventures you never imagined
Just waiting around the next bend,
And wishes and dreams just about to come true
In ways you can't yet comprehend!
Perhaps you'll find friendships that spring from new things
As you challenge your status quo,
And learn there are so many options in life,
Perhaps you'll go places you never expected
And see things that you've never seen,
Or travel to fabulous, faraway worlds
And wonderful spots in between!
Perhaps you'll find warmth and affection and caring
And somebody special who's there
To help you stay cantered and listen with interest
To stories and feelings you share.
Perhaps you'll find comfort in knowing your friends
Are supportive of all that you do,
And believe that whatever decisions you make,
They'll be the right choices for you.
So keep putting one foot in front of the other,
And taking your life day by day...
There's a brighter tomorrow that's just down the road -
Don't look back! You're not going that way!
Thursday, August 26, 2010
Sisterhood can be summed up in five short words: "We LIVE for each other." Regardless of differences, we strive shoulder to shoulder... We BELIEVE in each other, we LOVE one another and we support each other! We're not perfect but we're perfect for each other!
First Blog--link here.
Friday, August 6, 2010
- Don't print out 27 8X10's at CVS. I just spent $188.
- Who knew CVS had a huge liquor section?
- Should have brought a coffee maker!
- Broadway (my new favorite street) is getting even better. I mentioned yesterday that there is a starbucks, chic fil a and target all in the same plaza. Well also on this street is the CVS and JIMMY JOHNS!! (only my fave sandwich place EVER!)
- My food heaven continues: BJ's, Dunkin Donuts, Pei Wei, Jamba Juice... I just am loving my daily drives.
- Completed my first run at U of A. Their campus is beautiful. 645 is a perfect time to go for a run. It's still light out, and the temperature is perfect!
- I completed mine and Regan's binder!
- I unpacked every ounce of my stuff.
- I created a nice photo mural on one of my walls!
- ipod clock/radio holder
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
Things I realized today...
- How wonderful it is to not travel with two phones. (Especially when one is... let's just say "vintage" to be polite!)
- That the new LC's have it made. They get blackberries and are driving around in a G20 Infinity. WHAT? No mini van? What kind of experience are we providing for these women?
- You can never be too prepared or too experienced!! I definitely left my computer on the table at Cafe Intermezzo. I felt like I was missing my brain. Traveling on 3 hours of sleep isn't safe.
- Trip to Target. Check. (Everything at target was written in English and Spanish. interesting.)
- Purchase 80 hangers. Check. (This better be enough!)
- Get home without my GPS. Check.
- Get fingerprint for house access. Check.
- Unpack all of my crap. Check.
- There is a chic-fil-a, Starbucks, Toni and Guy, and target all within 5 minutes.
- The Sisters that I have met are fabulous!
- Everything is fairly close to campus which is very nice!
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Saturday, July 24, 2010
Good news, REGAN is coming to ARIZONA!!!! I'm super excited! I hope this will be a great first visit for her!
I can't believe that our journey began a year ago! It's weird because I'm continuing on this journey.. There are some similarities and many differences. The biggest differences being that I won't be continuously moving, and I won't be doing it will my girls.
Anyway, here are a few quotes that grabbed my attention!
"Journeys, like artists, are born and not made. A thousand differing circumstances contribute to them, few of them willed or determined by the will-whatever we may think." Lawrence Durrell
".... travel is more than seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." - Miriam Beard
We may run, walk, stumble, drive, or fly, but let us never lose sight of the reason for the journey, or miss a chance to see a rainbow on the way. Gloria Gaither
Life is a journey, not a guided tour.
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
And we go to training like every day
Big names, fun games, see ReGe's comin'
And I heard she talks til' 3 in the mornin'