Monday, July 19, 2010

"The more light you allow within you, the brighter the world you live in will be. Gratitude is an inner light that we can use to illumine our souls. The more we are thankful, the more light we experience, and the more we shine forth in the world."


--Attitudes of Gratitude by M.J. Ryan


Gratitude... such a simple word. How often do we really stop to think about the simple things in our lives. I mean the fact that we wake up each day breathing is something to be grateful for. I love this quote written above. It reminds me of a statement that I use to say when I was in college. "Let your light shine so bright that the rest of the world needs sunglasses." It's so true. We all dim ourselves to fit in: to feel ordinary. What's wrong with trying to live an extraordinary life.

I believe each of us have an endless amount of potential. The difference is how we use what we've got.

I think this mindset is what helped me the most during my first year as a consultant. Believe in the impossible. As Audrey Hepburn said, the word itself says "Im Possible." If you believe it can happen, and if you give it all the effort that you have, I think it can be done! We need to live with confidence not in fear of the unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment